Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Boigah Night

Maybe I watch too much Family Guy. I don't know. But I can't help but pronounce "burger" like "boigah". Also, 5 readers, my house became predominantly vegetarian in the last year, if you've noticed a shift in content lately. Hence, the veggie burger. But here's the deal. I'm not a devout vegetarian and I LOVE cheeseburgers. So for the whole household to be happy, I need a pretty damn hefty burger or I'm going to feel unsatisfied the rest of the night.

INGREDIENTS:

  1. Veggie patty (Whatever - gardenburger, Amy's, Morning Star)
  2. Grilled tomatoes, red onions, and 1 fat portobello. Salt and pepper all of it.
  3. Butter lettuce
  4. Sliced cheese (the one in the pic is a super melty vegan one from Trader Joes)
  5. THE KICKER: the special sauce. Now the special sauce is what some of you would consider the Big Mac sauce aka thousand island. Chopped pickles, ketchup, and mayo/vegannaise.
  6. Stir the special sauce together and salt it well to bring out the pickle more.

No comments: